Friday, September 25, 2009

i love the big apple..


its times like last night when I am riding the train and thinking-how funny that people often mistake NYers for being outright mean people...when in fact, I think many NYers are really great people.. on the train last night- an elderly women with a big suitcase was traveling and two young men asked may I help with your bag..it was such a small gesture, but a very kind gesture nonetheless.. it made me smile...additionally, i was just thinking how many of my friends in NY belong to wonderful humanitarian organizations..just last night, seeing the organizers' passion and determination to make change- made me so proud to be a part of these organizations....we are always giving of our time and money..its amazing to me..i mean, embarrassing enough I can remember times falling on the street- utterly embarrassed, but within seconds people around asking are you o.k? can I help?? I just have to say, I think this city can be an unforgiving city- filled with many challenges (like finding a no fee apartment), but it can also be one of the warmest and most exciting cities to live in...Happy Friday and I love NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment