Thursday, September 24, 2009

strecthed soo thin....


i never knew what the term "living the rat race" meant till living in NYC...no joke..we are all constantly running...whether it means running to survive or simply just running to have fun...we are always running...tonight i was reminded of this familiar feeling.. because I managed to juggle a long day of work, while looking for a new apartment, having an ortho consultation and completing my day to day tasks....i felt extremely pressured to be out of the office by 6p for a Links School event at the Sea Grille...the event was lovely- great apps, food, drinks and great cause...but by 6:45p I was running to the train downtown to another charity event for Caritas Cubana..again a lovely Cuban event with an amazing art live auction....I managed to stay long enough for a hello to friends, enjoy a glass of wine and then I was heading over to meet a friend at 8:15p at Grey Dog for dinner and drinks..ugh...fun, but slightly exhausting....i guess that's one of the reasons I love this city...never a dull moment...pls note that both the Links School, Fresh Air Fund and Caritas Cubana are organizations I belong to..they are all about helping people in dire need... all wonderful organizations..pls visit the sites...
www.friendsofcaritascubana.org/ , http://www.linkschool.org/ and http://www.freshair.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment